Premises Hire Administrator (Part-time)
Reports to: Parish Administrator and Vicar
Salary: £4500 – £5200 p.a. depending on experience
Hours of work: 12 hours per week, 4 hours per day, split over 3 days (Friday essential)
St Barnabas wishes to appoint a Premises Hire Administrator to oversee and administer all aspects of our premises bookings in order to further the church’s Christian mission and ministry in the local area.
St Barnabas is a busy parish church on Pitshanger Lane in Ealing and seeks to be a vibrant witness of Christ and the values of his kingdom.
The church plays a very active role in the local community through weekly worship, a programme of pastoral care and a host of activities and events. This ministry is enabled by our excellent hall buildings comprising a large and small hall as well as a well-equipped kitchen. Our beautiful church building is also used for concerts of all kinds.
We are looking to appoint a Premises Hire Administrator to oversee all aspects of our premises bookings.
The successful candidate will begin with 3 months training from the Parish Administrator who is currently tasked with these responsibilities.
- Be the first contact for all premises bookings
- Manage all administrative support (diary, booking forms, billing) for premises bookings
- Build and maintain relationships with all hirers
- When possible provide administrative support to the Vicar and Parish Administrator
- A self-starter who is motivated by working with community groups and volunteers
- The ability to multitask and work under pressure when necessary
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people of all ages
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Solid IT skills in MS Word and Excel are essential
Given that the Premises Administrator will act as a key representative of St Barnabas to the public, the appointed person will need to be in sympathy with the aims and values of the Church of England
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 9 February 2015
Interview Date: Wednesday 11 February 2015
For application pack or further information please contact the Parish Administrator, Margaret Lipka, on 020 8998 4079 or email email@example.com